All our key functions are supported through policy and advocacy. We advocate for the reproductive and sexual health of every body in every family, and support people in our community who are marginalised and vulnerable.
As the leading provider of reproductive and sexual health services in NSW, Family Planning NSW is frequently consulted on policies and practices which impact on our areas of expertise. Our evidence-based practice allows us to guide government and other decision-making bodies on best practice reproductive and sexual health service delivery. We are recognised as an expert commentator and opinion leader in reproductive and sexual health.
Our official organisational positions on current topics and issues are listed below.
- Family Planning NSW Abortion Policy 2014
- Sexual Health & Family Planning Australia Statement on Emergency Contraception
- Family Planning Alliance Australia position statement on long acting reversibe contraception (LARC)
- Achieving Change: Family Planning Alliance Australia position statement on increasing the use of effective LARC
- Love & Kisses: taking action on the reproductive and sexual health and rights of people with disability
- Statement on Prevention of healthcare-acquired infection
For further information, please contact:
(02) 8752 4253