Family Planning NSW continually works to improve the reproductive and sexual health of the people of NSW. We achieve this by improving the knowledge and skills of service providers, providing demonstration clinical services, contributing and disseminating knowledge through original research and publications, developing strategic partnerships and health promotion activities.
We are proud to offer a series of scholarships as part of this commitment to the health professionals of NSW.
- Provide a written statement (200 words maximum) to tell us why we should award the scholarship to you. The statement should include information such as:
- Why do you want to complete the course?
- Why is it important for you to be awarded the scholarship?
- Your current job, including where you work, your local community and any relevant issues.
- How will the course impact on your current role?
- How will the course improve the reproductive and sexual health outcomes for your community?
For example: You work at a GP practice in Bourke, an area with a high Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander population with low cervical screening rates and there is no female clinician in the area performing cervical cancer screening.
- Provide evidence to confirm your current employment status, role and location. This may consist of a written document to confirm your employment, such as a letter of appointment for your current position and the name of a referee that we may contact or the name and contact details of two referees (one being your current employer).
- On the application form, supply the following (where relevant)
- your primary qualification, place and year
- other relevant qualifications
- recent work history
- current role, employer and location
- AHPRA number
- Submit your application least 6 weeks prior to the course commencement date.
Scholarship applications will be reviewed by a selection committee and notified at least 5 weeks prior to course commencement.
Requirements for Scholarship Recipients
- Complete registration form for the course and pay the nominated course fee within the timeframes specified and in accordance with Family Planning NSW Terms and Conditions.
- Confirm acceptance of scholarship in writing to Family Planning NSW within 10 days of notification of successful application.
- Complete the course requirements, including assessment and attendance at all required sessions.
- Provide a brief report (400 words maximum) on the outcome of the course and how the skills and experience from the course will contribute to their work in improving the reproductive and sexual health outcomes in their community. Extracts from this report may be used by Family Planning NSW for promotion on the Family Planning NSW website, in social media or in Family Planning NSW reports.
- Be prepared to be photographed and /or videoed by Family Planning NSW for promotion on the Family Planning NSW website or in social media.
- Advise Family Planning NSW as early as possible prior to course commencement if circumstances change and recipient is unable to attend or no longer meets the eligibility criteria.
- The scholarship is only available for the nominated course and is not transferrable.
Scholarships are available for the following courses:
- FPAA National Certificate in Reproductive and Sexual Health for Doctors
- RSH in the Australian Context
- Family Planning NSW Reproductive and Sexual Health - Clinical Accreditation
- Sexuality Matters! Part A
- Sexuality Matters! Part B
Scholarships are available to individuals who meet the eligibility criteria for the courses and are working in at least one of the following contexts:
- in an area of reproductive and sexual health need
- with a priority population group, such as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, clients with disability, newly arrived refugees or culturally and linguistically diverse communities, young people, LGBTI people
- in rural and/or remote areas
Scholarships are also available for individuals who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and meet the eligibility criteria for the course.
For more information, email your questions to : email@example.com or call 02 8752 4300 and press 1 for Education Services.